12 Apostles & Great Ocean Road
$1,200.00 – $4,400.00
$215 per person for 9 passengers
$400 per person for 3 passengers
Adventure Flight Co brings you the best way to see the 12 Apostles, from the air! Depart from Barwon Heads Airport and fly past Torquay, Bells Beach and along the winding Great Ocean Road.
The Great Ocean road is even better from the air, especially when stuck behind tour busses and caravans. A return trip from Melbourne to the 12 Apostles takes over 7 hours of twisting roads with the view often obscured by trees and other cars. See more in less time with a 12 Apostles scenic flight.
We fly past the 12 Apostles twice so everyone has a window sit for the experience! Depending on the time of year you may also see whales, seals and dolphins. Adventure Flight Co’s pilots are all very experienced locals who have been flying in the are for over 10 years.
- $1900 for up to three passengers, 1 hr 45 minutes flight time
- $3100 up to 9 passengers, 90 minutes flight time
- $1200 for up to 3 passengers, 75 minutes flight time
- $1935 up to 9 passengers, 60 minutes flight time
- If departing from Essendon (Melbourne) Airport, fly right next to the skyscrapers of Melbourne’s city centre and Southbank
- Port Phillip Bay
- Torquay, Bells Beach
- Airey’s Inlet Lighthouse
- Spectacular Lorne – Kennet River section of the Great Ocean Road
- See kangaroos grazing on Cape Patton
- Overfly fishing village of Apollo Bay
- Cape Otway Lighthouse
- Rugged and deserted beaches between Aire River and Moonlight Head
- 12 Apostles & Loch Ard Gorge
Optional flight extension to fly all the way to the Bay of Islands also include:
- London Bridge
- The Arch
- The Grotto
Minibus Tour & Lunch
Choose our Minibus Tour & Lunch package to fully experience all the 12 Apostles region has to offer. The package includes everything the flying trips offer but instead of overflying and heading straight back to Melbourne, we land at the new Great Ocean Road Airport near the Bay of Islands. Here we are met by your friendly local driver for the day and taken for a comprehensive tour with them.
Typical itinerary for Minibus Tour & Lunch:
- Depart Essendon Airport (Melbourne) 9:00am
- Fly to 12 Apostles via Great Ocean Road
- Minibus pick up at Great Ocean Road Airport 10:00am
- 10:15am – 11:00am Loch Ard Gorge
- 11:30am – 12:15pm The 12 Apostles
- Timboon Distillery for 3 course meal (drinks not included)
- Depart Great Ocean Road Airport 2:30pm
- Arrive Essendon Airport 3:15pm feeling relaxed, fresh and able to enjoy the afternoon and evening in Melbourne.
- Fast travel time, depart Melbourne and be back before lunch
- Save over 7 hours of driving and the subsequent exhaustion, sore back, bad food and traffic jams
- No fixed departure times – you choose
- Get back feeling refreshed
- Comfortable aircraft with business class legroom for everyone
- Big windows, everyone gets a view
- Optional day minibus tours, landing at Great Ocean Road Airport near the 12 Apostles
The Cirrus: 1 to 3 passengers
For groups of 1 to 3 people, our sexy new Cirrus SR20 is the best way to see the 12 Apostles. The SR20 is the world’s best selling aircraft, it is an all-composite design and the first aircraft to feature a parachute, for the whole aircraft! Thankfully, we’ve never had to use it.
The aircraft features extra comfortable seats with heaps of legroom front and back. Flight time from Barwon Heads to the 12 Apostles and back is 75 minutes, or 2 hours from Essendon Airport in Melbourne.
The Chieftain: 4 to 9 passengers
For larger groups of 3 to 9, the twin engine Piper Chieftain is ready to take you on a super comfortable trip down the Great Ocean Road all the way to the 12 Apostles.
The Chieftain has huge windows to allow excellent views of the scenery, and being a corporate charter aircraft it is also quite fast, taking you to the 12 Apostles and back in less than 60 minutes from Barwon Heads, or 1 hour 30 minutes from Essendon Airport.
Barwon Heads Airport
Barwon Heads Airport, Barwon Heads Road, Connewarre, Victoria, Australia
Essendon Airport (MEB), English Street, Essendon Fields VIC, Australia