Mt Hotham Fly In Fly Out Backcountry Tours
$1,225.00 – $1,735.00
Price is per person, including return flight from Essendon or Barwon Heads, road transfers on mountain and full day guided backcountry tour.
Access Australia’s finest backcountry, and be back in time for dinner in Melbourne!
‘Hotham has long been regarded as the gateway to some amazing backcountry touring. No matter what your ability or experience, there’s terrain for everyone’s fancy. From rugged ridges, steep chutes or wide-open powder bowls, the backcountry surrounding the resort is vast and visually striking.’ – Drew Jolowicz
Fly in fly out from Melbourne for an amazing day trip.
- Depart Essendon/Barwon Airport 7:00am
- Land at Mt Hotham Airport 8:00am
- Shuttle bus to Mt Hotham Resort
- Meet your highly trained backcountry guides from Hotham Snowsports
- Depending on experience level of your group, either some pre-trip training or straight into exploring the winter wilderness
- Return from tour around 3:30pm
- Either go immediately to airport or stick around for some aprés tour refreshments
- Arrive back at Essendon Airport 5-6pm
For 2020 season take advantage of the fact that no lift tickets are required – no need to wait for ticket releases!
Flying in the winter presents a higher than average likelihood that flights may be postponed or cancelled due to adverse weather. We are only going riding, it’s not mission critical flying so essentially we only go when the weather is fair. This works well with the backcountry as if the weather is no good for flying, it is unlikely to be the best for touring.
If the tour is postponed due weather we will all work together with Hotham Snowsports to re-book the next best date that suits all.
This package has been put together by our Chief Pilot Anatole Mills who is an avid skier. After doing two seasons driving the airport shuttle in Chamonix and skiing at all other moments possible, it is time to combine the two things he loves most: flying and riding off-piste. Depending on group size he has also volunteered his hard-earned to make up numbers if required – such is his froth for the mountains!
Call Anatole on 0415 919 646 to organise multi-day trip. An excellent option for those new to backcountry as you can do the intro tour on the first day and explore even further afield on the second. Why not enjoy Hotham Resort for a few days and impress everyone with your newfound slash styles.
Bellarine Peninsula Scenic Flights
$450.00 – $900.00
20 minute flight $150 per person for 3 passengers
30 minute flight $220 per person for 3 passengers
20 minute flight $70 per person for 9 passengers
30 minute flight $100 per person for 9 passengers
Adventure Flight Co brings you the best way to see the Bellarine Peninsula and surrounds.
On the day, choose between our East and West options. Choose between circumnavigating Bellarine Peninsula taking in Port Phillip Heads, Geelong, Corio Bay and more. Head west for the beginnings of the Great Ocean Road, past Torquay, Bells Beach, Anglesea and more.
For Gift Vouchers select ‘Gift Voucher’ during checkout.
Bellarine Peninsula Scenic Flights Options:
Choose between east and west and enjoy the privilege of soaring over some of Australia’s most spectacular coastline.
East: take off from Barwon Heads Airport and head east to circumnavigate the Bellarine Peninsula (20 minutes) or further over Port Phillip Heads to Portsea and Sorrento (30 minutes). Highlights include:
- The convergence of Lake Connewarre and Barwon River forming the world’s southern most mangroves
- Ocean Grove & Collendina Beach
- Point Lonsdale Lighthouse and Port Phillip Heads
- The Rip and the World Wars’ coastal cannon emplacements on Point Nepean
- Portsea and Sorrento, including the rugged Sorrento back beach
- Queenscliff and harbour
- Follow the historic Queenscliff – Drysdale railway back to Barwon Heads Airport
West: take off from Barwon Heads Airport and head west, originally the start of the Great Ocean Road as far as Anglesea (20 minutes) or Airey’s Inlet (30 minutes). Hightlights include:
- Tiny hamlet of Bremlea nestled in the coastal dunes
- Torquay, Jan Juc and Point Danger
- Bells Beach & Winkipop
- Rugged clifftops over past Point Addis
- Anglesea and abandoned coalmine
- Fairhaven Beach and Pole House
- Great Ocean Road as far as Lorne
Flinders Island Food & Crayfish Festival
$955.00 – $1,050.00
Prices shown are per person. Minimum booking numbers apply.
Book now for the 2021 Flinders Island Food and Crayfish Festival ! After missing 2020 it is set to build on the success of the previous two events to create an experience that celebrates all the island has to offer. Once again the Festival is proud to present an all-star line up featuring some of Australia’s most talented and adventurous chefs to showcase the Island’s produce, culture and history across four days of innovative programming.
The Festival’s signature event – the long lunch – will take place at one of the Island’s most breathtaking locations. Be prepared to experience a feast of everything Flinders Island represents: wilderness, community, connection, food and the natural elements.
The inaugural Flinders Island Food and Crayfish Festival in 2018 was created to showcase the little-known food and natural beauty of Flinders Island – a windswept, rocky outcrop perched on the north-east tip of Tasmania with a permanent population of around 900 people. Festival organisers invited some of Australia’s best chefs to discover the bounty of Flinders Island and the resulting event received national coverage.
- Private charter flights to and from Flinders Island from Melbourne or Geelong
- 2 nights twin share premium accomodation
- Climb aboard the 10m luxury cruiser ‘Strait Lady’ to experience game fishing or the Mutton Bird sunset cruise tour.
- You may wish to venture to the Furneaux Group outer islands, ideal for multi-day bushwalks. Shorter guided walks on Flinders island are an ideal way to view wildflowers and Bass Strait birds.
- Experience surf fishing or hop into a four wheel drive for a full or half day off-road adventure.
Coonawarra Wine Tour
$880.00 – $2,450.00
Prices shown are per person.
Only 90 minutes flying from Melbourne you’ll travel interstate to South Australia’s Coonawarra Wine Region. We land at an airfield nestled amongst the vineyards where Simon & Kerry from Coonawarra Experiences will be waiting to pick you up.
On arrival, you’ll enjoy a bottle of our famous Coonawarra wine and pair this with some Cuvee chocolate. Then set off for a stunning 5-course chef prepared “feed me” menu at the award-winning Royal Oak Hotel in the heart of Penola.
After a wonderful night’s rest, we’ll set off on your full-day Coonawarra wine tour with a highlight being a 4-course degustation luncheon and matched wines at Hollick Estates. Take in the views of the Hollick vineyards as the team serve you the best of the best produce while pairing the dishes with Hollick Estates wines.
When back on tour, we’ll provide a history of Coonawarra along with introducing you to all the characters that make up the best wine region in the country.
Two night’s premium accomodation – we work only with the region’s most exclusive accomodation providers.
A bottle of Coonawarra wine (your choice of style) & Cuvée chocolate on arrival
5-course “Feed Me” menu at the Royal Oak Hotel on your first evening in Penola
Full day “Immerse Yourself in Coonawarra” wine experience (10:30 – 16:45)
- Optional – tackle the Coonawarra walking trail on Sunday, or simply sleep in!
This incredible package will cater for all your need to stay, tour, & dine in Coonawarra.
Extra nights accommodation can be arranged on request.
Three Hummock Island
$615.00 – $1,250.00
Prices show are per person. Minimum numbers apply.
Our premier adventurous weekend destination. Stay on a remote island of crystal blue waters, white sands and a rich variety of native animals and birds. Enjoy walks, fishing, snorkelling and kayaking around this island – completely to yourself!
Stay in excellent off-the-grid accomodation in the original Homestead. With sweeping views of the ocean and just a short stroll from the beach, the Homestead is embodiment of a remote island retreat.
To check availability or book this private island contact Three Hummock Island directly on +61 417686303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Breathtaking Three Hummock Island sits just off the coast of North West Tasmania. It is a magical place of granite coastlines, protected coves, sweeping beaches and surprising diversity.
Three Hummock Island has one of the purest environments on the planet – crystal clear water, white sandy beaches, inland lakes and forests remain largely untouched.
Twenty kilometres away, a Baseline Air Pollution Station consistently measures the air as the cleanest in the world.
Many paths on the island take you to locations of exceeding beauty. By climbing some 237 metres up South Hummock – the highest point – you can take in a view of the island, nearby Hunter Island and mainland Tasmania.
Birdlife abounds on the island, with over 90 species recorded. Wild ducks, black swans and eagles frequent the small lakes behind the sand dunes lining the beaches. A wide variety of sea birds are seen around the coast, including international visitors that come to the Island to breed. Short-tailed Shearwaters are a spectacular sight as they return in thousands to their rookeries at dusk, and penguins can be observed making their nightly trip up the beach to their nests during the summer months.
We love to welcome guests to our secluded paradise. Escape to Three Hummock Island for a memorable getaway.
Our Chief Pilot grew up flying to Tasmania’s remote islands in Bass Strait and has thousands of hours staring down at the ocean! Adventure Flight Co is proud to be a transport provider for Three Hummock Island. We have a range of aircraft to suit your group needs, from 3 seater up to our 8 seat twin engine private charter aircraft.
12 Apostles & Great Ocean Road
$1,200.00 – $4,400.00
$215 per person for 9 passengers
$400 per person for 3 passengers
Adventure Flight Co brings you the best way to see the 12 Apostles, from the air! Depart from Barwon Heads Airport and fly past Torquay, Bells Beach and along the winding Great Ocean Road.
The Great Ocean road is even better from the air, especially when stuck behind tour busses and caravans. A return trip from Melbourne to the 12 Apostles takes over 7 hours of twisting roads with the view often obscured by trees and other cars. See more in less time with a 12 Apostles scenic flight.
We fly past the 12 Apostles twice so everyone has a window sit for the experience! Depending on the time of year you may also see whales, seals and dolphins. Adventure Flight Co’s pilots are all very experienced locals who have been flying in the are for over 10 years.
- $1900 for up to three passengers, 1 hr 45 minutes flight time
- $3100 up to 9 passengers, 90 minutes flight time
- $1200 for up to 3 passengers, 75 minutes flight time
- $1935 up to 9 passengers, 60 minutes flight time
- If departing from Essendon (Melbourne) Airport, fly right next to the skyscrapers of Melbourne’s city centre and Southbank
- Port Phillip Bay
- Torquay, Bells Beach
- Airey’s Inlet Lighthouse
- Spectacular Lorne – Kennet River section of the Great Ocean Road
- See kangaroos grazing on Cape Patton
- Overfly fishing village of Apollo Bay
- Cape Otway Lighthouse
- Rugged and deserted beaches between Aire River and Moonlight Head
- 12 Apostles & Loch Ard Gorge
Optional flight extension to fly all the way to the Bay of Islands also include:
- London Bridge
- The Arch
- The Grotto
Minibus Tour & Lunch
Choose our Minibus Tour & Lunch package to fully experience all the 12 Apostles region has to offer. The package includes everything the flying trips offer but instead of overflying and heading straight back to Melbourne, we land at the new Great Ocean Road Airport near the Bay of Islands. Here we are met by your friendly local driver for the day and taken for a comprehensive tour with them.
Typical itinerary for Minibus Tour & Lunch:
- Depart Essendon Airport (Melbourne) 9:00am
- Fly to 12 Apostles via Great Ocean Road
- Minibus pick up at Great Ocean Road Airport 10:00am
- 10:15am – 11:00am Loch Ard Gorge
- 11:30am – 12:15pm The 12 Apostles
- Timboon Distillery for 3 course meal (drinks not included)
- Depart Great Ocean Road Airport 2:30pm
- Arrive Essendon Airport 3:15pm feeling relaxed, fresh and able to enjoy the afternoon and evening in Melbourne.
- Fast travel time, depart Melbourne and be back before lunch
- Save over 7 hours of driving and the subsequent exhaustion, sore back, bad food and traffic jams
- No fixed departure times – you choose
- Get back feeling refreshed
- Comfortable aircraft with business class legroom for everyone
- Big windows, everyone gets a view
- Optional day minibus tours, landing at Great Ocean Road Airport near the 12 Apostles