Lake Eyre Outback Expedition – 4 Days
Price per person based on 8 people.
The tropical monsoonal rains from Northern Queensland and the Northern Territory are making their way down through the channel country before filling the lowest point in Australia, Kati Thanda – Lake Eyre.
Stay in the iconic William Creek Hotel. Fly with Wrights Air in specialised aircraft over Lake Eyre. Visit Birdsville and much more! Check out the full itinerary below.
We organise all the details including flying you there and back, accomodation, scenic flight and ground transport.
Jump on board for our one and only exclusive 2018 Lake Eyre Outback Expedition!
8 in stock
The monsoonal rains from Northern Queensland and Northern Territory are making their way down through the channel country before filling the lowest point in Australia, Lake Eyre.
Our Lake Eyre Outback Expedition takes you right into the heart of the outback in a matter of a few comfortable hours in our private charter aircraft.
See Lake Mungo, Kati Thanda – Lake Eyre, Flinders Ranges, William Creek, Birdsville, Tibooburra and much more.
- Private charter flights from Barwon Heads Airport (Geelong) to Arkaroola, William Creek, Birdsville and return
- Inflight snacks and refreshments
- Scenic photographic flight with Wright Air around Lake Eyre or Painted Hills, departing from William Creek
- All ground transport
- 3 nights twin share accomodation
Thursday 13th September
- Depart Barwon Heads 8:00am
- Guided tour of Lake Mungo and Walls of China
- Lunch at the amazing Cafe Mungo
- Land at Arkaroola Wildlife Sanctuary
Friday 14th September
- ‘Weetbix & Wallabies’ morning guided tour at Arkaroola (optional)
- Choice of activities including bushwalking, tours or simply relaxing
- Lunch at Arkaroola, then depart for William Creek
- 1 hour sunset photographic flight over Lake Eyre or Painted Hills with Wrights Air (option 1)
Saturday 15th September
- 1 hour sunrise photographic flight over Lake Eyre or Painted Hills with Wrights Air (option 2)
- Depart for Birdsville
- Overfly Lake Eyre, follow the Warburton Creek from where it enters Lake Eyre all the way up towards Birdsville where it forms from the Diamantina River
- Check out the sunset at Big Red, or simply
- Enjoy the iconic Birdsville Hotel
Sunday 16th September
- Take your time in the morning, before setting off to Tibooburra
- Lunch in the very outback ‘Family Hotel’
- Time to go home! Flight is via Mildura back to Barwon Heads at around 6:00pm
LAKE EYRE OUTBACK EXPEDITION 2019, PLACES ARE LIMITED 8 PEOPLE ONLY
Check out the route in the map below, you will travel nearly 4,000km in 4 days yet feel rested and fresh each day as we travel fast, and only for a couple hours at a time. Feel sharp on your outback adventure, not crusty and sore after hours and hours on the road!